Cinco De Mayo Time!
So among other things we all know, love, and cherish this beautiful day of Cinco De Mayo through good food, drinks, and people! If your having a small crowd coming in and want to impress them with a delicious drink I gotcha covered! This drink is everything you didn’t know you needed for Cinco De Mayo. Smooth from the bourbon/whiskey, sweet from the Organic mango nectar, and just a bit of a spicy kick from the chili. Plus not to mention how you can quickly whip it up with just a few simple ingredients. I have to be honest, I didn’t create this recipe a friend of mine created this a while back around Christmas time. Long story short a few cocktails later we both weren’t sure who did what or even where for that matter lol! I just know I’ve been making them for guest ever since and calling it my own concoction lol (he doesn’t have to know he’s right). I’ve tried it on the harshest of harsh critics and everyone has approved! Enough of my story time lets get to the DRANKS.
1 shot of your chose of Whiskey or Bourbon
1.5 shots of organic Mango Nectar
1/4 of a Lime plus a little extra juice
1/4 teaspoon of Chili powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Chili powder
- Start off by adding all of the rim ingredients onto a flat service. I use tops to containers or bowls work perfectly. Mix around so it can all be evenly mixed around.
- Take the 1/4 of your lime and run it around the rim of your glass. Then dip and turn the rim of the glass in the mixture in a side to side motion making sure to coat everything equally on top of the glass.
- If your adding ice add it in now
- Using that same glass for a single serving remember a 1.5:1 ratio. If you pour 1 shot of alcohol add at least 1.5 shots of Mango nectar. But taste test it and add more to your likings.
- After that add in your desired spiciness. I used a little less than 1/4 of a teaspoon. I’m a wimp when it comes to spices!
- Squeeze in lime I typically have the bottled lime juice to add a couple shakes in and Boom. Your done.
(P.S. Follow this recipe exactly or edit it to your likings. These aren’t rules more like guidelines so have fun!)
Tell me your thoughts! I want to see all the pics and the good times!